The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Blog
Upon launching the club and sharing sneak peeks, we received an important comment letting us know that the dragon was more Western style, rather than Chinese.
It's extremely important to us that we release a pattern that honors Chinese culture and does not harm it. We reached out to our local university's Asian Studies department, along with an amazing trip to a Chinese Temple and Museum to really learn more about Chinese art and make changes to the chart with the help of professionals and Asian members of our community.
I'm super excited to share with you the updated dragon! Our sneak peeks originally included him and we wanted to let you know that the chart will include this new updated and equally adorable chubby dragon.
We've never made a chart change after releasing a sneak peek so I wanted to let you know about the change so you aren't surprised when the chart is released and also because for us, communication with our stitchers is our number one priority!
The dragon is currently being restitched so we've removed the sneak peek images from our website and social media for the time being. Once we receive it back, we'll take new photos and share those.
This absolutely will not affect the April 15th chart release, it's still scheduled to go out and we can't wait to see your projects start!
We’ll be offering a pattern as a free download to club members in June, the same month that the dragon will be released in the Zodiac chart. The first dragon won’t fit in the updated chart, as we had to move elements around so we decided just a brand new design featuring him would be even more fun!
In the event that you aren't happy with our change, you are more than welcome to a full refund of your pattern and if you've purchased a kit, we'll gladly accept those for a refund as well. No questions asked. Just let us know your order number and we can take care of the rest.
Thank you SO much for all your support and enthusiasm for our club!
Amanda & Ashleigh
I have an update that you've been waiting for, Animal Almanac will soon be back in stock!
A few important notes:
- The kits will not come with a packet of needles, they will be sold separately.
- We will be updating the kits to our website in batches starting later this week.
- If you receive a back in stock email but are unable to get a kit for whatever reason, don't panic! Sign back up to be notified on our website because we will be restocking quite a few times over the next three weeks.
- The Back in Stock emails are one time only, so if you are unable to get a kit, you won't receive a second email when they are available again.
- Please allow up to three business days for your order to ship. As some of you may know, I'm recovering from elbow surgery and I'm a bit slower these days. It's super important to me that your order arrives safely and packed nicely! If you have never ordered a kit from us before, you'll receive an email with a tracking number when our postal carrier picks up the packages, then another email when it's out for delivery and a final email once it's been delivered so you can stalk, I mean patiently wait for your postal carrier. ;)
As of right now, the great news is that the amount of kits we have will cover everyone who has signed up to be notified when they are back in stock with a small amount leftover. We will not be announcing the restock times anywhere in order to be fair to the people who've signed up to be notified once they are back in stock!
Thanks for all your support!
If you are looking for a substitution for Picture This Plus Heartland for Animal Almanac, we really like Oaken!
This is one of our favorite neutral fabrics, we've used it in a few of our patterns because it shows white nicely and is very warm.
We did a floss toss of the Animal Almanac colors on Oaken and they look really nice! If you wish to change any of the browns in Animal Almanac, DMC 06, 3862, 838, 840 and 3774 are great choices. :)
As you may have heard, Australia is having some incredibly massive and heartbreaking fires right now. Here at team TFPS, we wanted to help! Sugarloaf & Jack, our two pumpkin mascots, aren't currently trained in firefighting and rescue efforts but they ARE trained in creating seriously cute cross stitch patterns!
Our pattern is a little koala bear, surrounded by Golden Wattle, the national emblem of Australia. Golden Wattle is a special plant that symbolizes unity and is suited to withstand drought, wind and bushfires.
If you'd like to stitch #TFPSWithLove we have a few fabric suggestions!
Picture This Plus- Crystal Earthen would be a really nice neutral choice!
Picture This Plus- Crystal Petals. Very soft and sweet!
Picture This Plus- Serene. A pale mint!
I hope these fabric suggestions help inspire you to stitch a little koala and keep our friends in Australia in your thoughts. We have a huge community of Australian stitchers and we want them to know that we are thinking of them daily.
Amanda & Ashleigh