Dream BIG with Jack's Halloween Dream!
On Friday, September 21st 2018 at 9 am Pacific time, we are pleased to introduce to you to a brand new Halloween project, Jack's Halloween Dream!
Jack is our official candy bucket Pumpkin mascot! All he's ever hoped and dreamed for is to star in a pattern. In Jack's Halloween Dream, his wish has come true and he's sharing with you his perfect Halloween night. This includes so much candy, a trio of subtle sparkly Kreinik ghosts, spiders webs and more! If you enjoyed stitching Halloween Spooky Sampler, you will enjoy this project.
Because this is his very special dream, we thought we'd showcase it by doing something different and we've created an amazing hanging banner! This banner designed to be hung on a custom candy themed wooden hanger, made exclusively for us by A Needle Runs Through It and to finish it off, we've picked the perfect hand dyed yarn by Knitted Wit that you'll be using to create some seriously cute tassels.
We know you are anxious to hang out on the couch, watch your favorite Halloween movies and enjoy the season while working on this project, so the first chart comes with your purchase on Friday! Woo hoo! The second and final chart comes on October 15th. Also on October 15th, you'll receive a link to video tutorials showing how to finish your banner with a sewing machine or a no sew version using hem tape. We've also created a written tutorial for both techniques as well.
- PDF pattern which includes chart installments sent on September 21st and October 15th.
- Fat 1/8th (13x18 inches) of 28 ct hand dyed Cashel or 14 ct hand dyed Aida from Picture This Plus.
- 9 skeins of DMC embroidery floss
- A spool of Krenik Very Fine Braid floss. This is used for the ghosts and candy accents. It is very subtle, spooky and shimmery against the light fabric!
- A packet of size 26 Bohin needles.
- A 45 yard mini skein of hand dyed Knitted Wit yarn. This is used to create tassels for your banner and has plenty of extra yardage if you'd like to embellish your project with it!
- A candy themed laser cute wooden hanger.
- An Aida kit price is $63.00 and a Cashel kit price is $67.00
- PDF pattern which includes chart installments sent on September 21st and October 15th. PDF price is $14.95
- Fat 1/8th (13x18 inches) of 28 ct hand dyed Cashel or 14 ct hand dyed Aida from Picture This Plus. Cashel + PDF price is $28.20 and Aida + PDF price is $24.45
- A spool of Krenik Very Fine Braid floss. This is used for the ghosts and candy accents. It is very subtle, spooky and shimmery against the fabric! Krenik price is $3.00.
- A 45 yard mini skein of hand dyed Knitted Wit yarn. This is used to create tassels for your banner and has plenty of extra yardage if you'd like to embellish your project with it! Knitted Wit Yarn price is $4.95.
- A candy themed laser cute wooden hanger. Hanger price is $18.50
- Jack's Pail Mix needleminder. Needleminder price is $8.00
- 3/8th inch Hem Tape. Price is $0.75
- 8x8 Q-Snap frame. Price is $14.50
Jack's Halloween Dream is a chance for you to run wild and explore YOUR biggest Halloween dreams! Our tutorials on October 15th include basic finishing instructions if you want to use a sewing machine or hem tape.
- Sewing machine if you are doing a sewn finish
- 3/8th inch Heat n Bond Hem Tape, approximately 50 inches if you are not doing a sewn finish OR a fabric glue/adhesive of your choice
- Pins or Clover Clips
- Marking Tool such as a pencil or fabric marker
- Seam ripper because mistakes can happen! ;)
- A fat quarter of your very favorite Halloween fabric in quilting cotton
- A clear ruler
- Cutting mat
- Sharp scissors or rotary cutter
- Pressing cloth to protect your iron
- Spray starch for a crisp finish
- Halloween candy to snack on
- Halloween candle to burn to get you 100% in the mood!
Since we know many of you love to customize your projects, our video and written tutorials include helpful hints and additional ideas because the sky is the limit with this banner!
Important Banner Information
- Finished cross stitch project measures: 111 wide x 140 tall, 7.9 inches wide and 10 inches tall on 28 ct linen or 14 ct Aida.
- Outer hanger dimensions: 10.25 inches wide x 3.5 inches tall
- Inner hanger dimensions: 9.25 inches wide x .5 inches tall
- If you follow our tutorial, the sewn banner will finish at 8 1/8th inches wide and 10 1/8th inches long. We have left space within the hanger dimensions for a margin of sewing error OR if you'd like to turn your banner into a quilted wall hanging. We do not include quilted wall hanging instructions because the possibilities are endless, we know many of you are clever cuties and we can't wait to see what you will choose to do!
- If you follow our tutorial for a hem tape finish, your banner will finish at 9 inches wide and 11 inches long.
- You absolutely can hand sew your banner if you'd rather not use a machine or hem tape. We do not have a tutorial for this but watching both videos would give you a good idea of the seam allowances we use as a reference point.
- The tassel yarn is enough to create many tassel sizes, in the sample we have used three tassels but there are many options! You can have all three tassels hanging from the center or one extra big tassel. This is YOUR Halloween Dream!
This project is so special to us and has been a long time in the making. We can not WAIT to see all your banners! And of course, Jack is thrilled to be famous. ;)